NSW SMART AND SKILLED
Sureway Skills Training (SST) is an approved provider to deliver Government funding for the formal training component for traineeships for courses listed on SSTs scope. Most traineeship qualifications for trainees who are new entrants are subsidised under Smart and Skilled.
SST also has Smart and Skilled funding to deliver part qualifications. This process requires a Training Needs Identification (TNI). TNIs are skills sets consisting of 1 to 8 units of competency that provide pathways to employment for job seekers and provide essential qualifications for workers at risk of unemployment and/or may create a promotion.
For more informationThe Smart and Skilled program for 2023-24
For more informationSkills & Employment Website
ACT Skilled CapitalSkilled Capital is an ACT Government-funded training initiative offering a comprehensive range of services and subsidies to provide individuals the support they need to complete the training that is right for them. Skilled Capital offers an opportunity for the Canberra community to access quality training and fill critical skills needs areas across a range of industries such as community services, information technology, health, and construction. Skilled Capital is an ACT Government training initiative, funded by the ACT and Australian Governments.
Sureway Skills Training (RTO ID: 91058), has been approved to provide training for Skilled Capital qualifications. A co-contribution fee to be made by students undertaking a subsided course. Students make a contribution towards the costs of their training and the ACT Government subsidise the remaining course costs at enrolment or before training commences. The RTO has determined the Tuition Fee and Fee Concession for each of the nominated qualifications under Skilled Capital.
To be eligible you must be:
- an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than 6 months, or
- an eligible visa holder, and
- living or working in the ACT, and
- at least 15 years of age, and
- not enrolled in or attending secondary school or college except where the student:
- is undertaking a course of study leading to completion of year 12 in an alternative program, or
- has an Exemption Certificate and the selected Skilled Capital qualification is an approved Australian School-based Apprenticeship pathway.
For more information please visit: ACT Skilled Capital
ACT User ChoiceUser Choice Funding is an Australian Apprenticeship initiative. It’s a great way to get a head start in your chosen career and aims to provide funding aligned to the skill needs of industry, responding to changing government priorities. Sureway Skills Training (RTO ID: 91058), has been approved to provide qualifications listed on the ACT Qualifications Register. Australian Apprenticeships in the ACT are funded by the ACT and Australian Governments.
To be eligible you must:
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident, or New Zealand passport holder resident for more than 6 months, or
- an eligible visa holder, and
- Work in the ACT;
- Be at least 15 years of age
- Receive remuneration for your work;
- Complete a minimum of 15 hours’ combined work and training per week. Casual employees cannot undertake an Australian Apprenticeship in the ACT. Employment and training hours may be averaged over 4 weeks for non-school-based training contracts.
- Undertake an approved Australian Apprenticeships qualification with an approved RTO, as listed on the ACT Qualifications Register;
- Have the required supervision in the workplace for an Australian Apprenticeship.
For more information please visit: ACT Skills Australian Apprenticeships